- It is a portable hard Disk, which is unsecure and could be
used for copying and deleting any files.
- Pen Drive are prone to Virus Attack,
as it is a normal hard disk, the certificates can always be destroyed /
mutilated by Viruses.
- Pen Drive do not come with password
protection (only high end [expensive] pen drive come with password
protection), so any one can mis-use the certificate stored in the Pen
- The Password Protection which a Pen Drive offers is basic, and present
generation of Pen Drives do not encrypt
content at the storage level.
- The Digital Certificate has to be
manually copied and deleted from the browser each time you would
have to sign.
- The private key is exposed, and
has to be manually copied for digital signing.
- The chances of loosing Digital
Certificate are high because of Media corruption.
- Pen Drive Quality is Questionable,
as the race to lower their prices is always on the mind, vendors tend to
cut corners to sell their product, which in long run is bad for client, as
they would have to live with unstable, reliable product.
- When you carry Digital Certificate in
a Pen Drive, it is like keeping blank signed Cheque in your wallet.
- It is secure Device, used specifically to carry Digital Credentials of
individuals and is primarily used for Two Factor authentication.
- A virus cannot affect USB eToken, and the digital Certificate stored
would always be secure.
- USB eTokens were created for security, and they are used extensively
for 2 Factor Authentication.
- USB eTokens offer military grade security and the contents are also
- In USB eToken when you insert the eToken, it automatically copies the
certificate to the browser and when you remove the eToken it automatically
removes the certificate from the browser.
- The Private key never leaves the eToken and signing takes place within
the eToken itself. So, the security is guaranteed.
- USB eToken are specifically used for secure storage, so the data
reliability is higher in eToken.
- Aladdin eToken has been in the market for over ten years, and we have
been supplying product purely based on quality. So, when aclient gets an
eToken, it is assured that no corners have been cut, the product in his
hand is the best money could buy.
- Where as in eToken, it is simply storing un-signed cheque book in your